Monday, July 09, 2007

Eight random things about me

I got tagged by Dephal, so here are eight random things about me.

1) I once got 100% on a high school English exam.
2) I am good at training chipmunks, squirrels and certain wild birds to eat from my hand.
3) My maternal grandfather, who was English, fought in WWI and WWII. His name was Albert Francis Sawyer. He was in the cavalry in WWI, and in WWII he worked on something secret in the "Home Office", some project called The Mulberry or something like that. He was once inspected by Winston Churchill and I have a framed photo of that event on my wall.
4) I secretly dream of being a drummer in a rock band, which is pretty amusing for someone who has a Bachelor of Music earned while playing classical music on clarinet and who now only plays piano.
5) I met my husband in the Royal Canadian Naval Reserve. We were both musicians. He played tenor saxophone. I liked him in his dress blues. I love a man in uniform.
6) I used to be really good at hanging those old pop can tabs from my eyelashes, until they switched to the current tab design.
7) I am now such a pacifist, for lack of a better term, that I can't imagine being in the military. I have changed a lot since quitting the Navy in 1993. Nonetheless, I had a great time in the Naval Reserve and was very proud when I wore my uniform.
8) I speak French, studied German and Latin in high school, and took two years of Irish Gaelic in university. My wedding band has a Gaelic inscription inside it.
9) I have had a deep and abiding love of all animals since I was very tiny. I have a home movie of me being butted by a goat at a petting zoo when I was three. I laughed, got up, and went back to the goats.

Oops. That was nine. Oh yeah, I read really fast and am not always good at following instructions! :)

2 comments:

  1. okay... what's up with hanging the pop can tabs from your eyelashes? I've never seen anyone do that before! :-)

    Irish Gaelic? That's cool!!! I love to go to our Irish and Scottish festivals here.

    ~ Wolf Lover Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that as a kid. Everyone used to comment on how long my eyelashes were, and for some reason I started hanging pop can tabs off them (this was in the 70s when they were big and light, not like the ones today.)

    I did a lot of weird things when I was a kid!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!