Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Farm over the ages!

The former owners lent me this cool photo. I think it was taken around 1940, when the house was sided with tin and there was a silo on the barn (for better detail, click on the photo to enlarge.)



And here it is last April.


Not a whole lot of change, really. The silo is gone, there's a new two-car garage, the siding is vinyl instead of tin, and the trees along the laneway are gone. The laneway has also been graded since then.

The house was built around 1900.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:45 pm

    That is SO COOL!!! The siding thing reminds me of the old house that was on my grandparent's farm. It had siding that was made of the same stuff that asphalt shingles are made of only it was made to look like red bricks. weird huh?

    that house went to house heaven in 1976 when my dad retired and we moved there and built a new house. That sounds sad, but it was really in BAD shape. Not lovely like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:47 pm

    well I might add that the house he built was a farmhouse type not too unlike the one you have, so it didnt look new and gaudy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!