Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy weekend

Art Fayre is this weekend and we've all worked hard to make it our best show ever! Last Wednesday was stinking hot, but the Art Fayre committee sucked it up and got to work setting up and hanging artwork. After a few hours work, we took a lunch break outside on the porch of the Orange Lodge at the Glengarry Pioneer Museum...


I'm sure you can pick me out of this line-up! I stole the photo off my friend Ronna's blog. Art Fayre always falls on or around her birthday each year. Committee member Barb baked Ronna a lovely carrot cake with cream cheese icing:

 

Happy Birthday Ronna! Further celebrations tonight! If you haven't checked out Ronna's blog before, make sure you do. She is a multi-talented artist, writer, and cake-baker! She is also going to help me judge the Hen Haiku contest next month. Check out (and click "Like"!) her "Ronna's Cakebook" Facebook page, too!

And when I got home yesterday, the dogs wanted to give me lots of kisses. Taking photos seemed like a good idea at the time, but the results weren't particularly flattering:

 
 

I love those dogs!

If you're in the area, I'd love to see you at Art Fayre in Dunvegan this weekend. Ronna's made some spectacular cupcakes and all of the artists will be bringing in goodies for you to munch on while you enjoy the show!

3 comments:

  1. I really thought that I would be able to make it out your way this weekend and take in the Art Fayre, but such was not to be. So sad :( but I hope it's a roaring success for all. Happy Birthday to Ronna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to all of you. You're all so talented. Wish I could visit. It wasn't hard to click LIKE on Ronna's Facebook's Cakes page. I've never seen such lusciously decorated cakes in my life. How can anyone dare cut a piece of any of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanilla Bean, not to worry! There's always Art Fayre 2012. :)

    Claude, thank you! Ronna makes beautiful cakes, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!