Sunday, July 03, 2011

Busy little bee

I've been a busy little bee and need to catch up on my and everyone else's blogs, but here are a couple of photos from Canada Day. My mother-in-law is here for the long weekend, plus I've been going mad assembling beehive frames because one of my hives needs another honey super and I didn't have one put together!

We went to a Canada Day parade for the first time ever on Friday. I'll post the rest of the pics from that soon, but here I am with my rooster purse (and hat string strangling me!), posing in front of  a cool old tractor that was in the parade:



And here I am in with Captain Oblivious, who doesn't realize he's holding his Canada flag pin upside down. But I love him anyway!

More soon. And we are arranging our Hen Haiku Contest Judging Barbecue. Results in a few weeks! The haikus are so great, I plan to award additional prizes. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I see that chicken purse you chicken lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn! We had fun. Happy 4th o' July to you!

    Deb, Gordon got me that for my birthday. When I went to my Uncle's funeral in Toronto, I forgot to take another (more serious) purse along, and so I was carrying THAT around with me, trying to keep the chicken turned inward to my body... oops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!