Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lawyer-boy

On Sunday, I did a little photo shoot for Gordon, who wanted some pictures for his law blog, Facebook page and website (I am working on updating his web page!) We figured we'd work in the rural angle, so I took him to the wheat field next to us. They harvested the wheat last week, then baled the stalks and remains into hay.

Here he is looking very serious! In Canada, lawyers have to "gown up" when appearing in superior courts. In lower courts, they just wear business attire. Luckily they don't have to wear wigs like British lawyers do!





 Nice shot by the barn.



The dogs wanted to be involved too. Sophie looks really fat in this photo, but she's actually very lean and muscular. What a weird camera trick.  Tristan is lean too but he has a very deep chest.



They follow Daddy everywhere!


Hay is in short supply this year, and this large bales are apparently going for $75 each. My farmer friend said the normal price is more like $25. 


16 comments:

  1. Love the farm/lawyer shots. Gordon looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd hire him and the dogs. Nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh handsome! I am sure that you cold make a great calendar from your hunky hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the gowned-up look! Very dapper! My lady said it makes you want to respect the lawyer more. She likes those period drama pieces, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination, the law and the land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:35 am

    How distinguished he looks! The pictures are a good advertisement for his services... Making hay while the sun shines.

    "My Cousin Vinny" would never make it as a lawyer in Canada, would he?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:40 am

    How distinguished he looks! The pictures are a good advertisement for his services... Making hay while the sun shines.

    "My Cousin Vinny" would never make it as a lawyer in Canada, would he?! :)

    Should I never find myself in your neck of the woods, do NOT take any photos of me with that camera on "fat" mode!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the shots are great, love the one of Gordon walking away with the dogs following him. For *business* purposes, I like the close-up of Gordon by the barn and leaning against the hay.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, a lawyer, his dogs, and grain. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andronymous6:25 pm

    Has the boy not learned how to tie his tie properly yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmmm, I can just smell all that hay. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:38 pm

    Great photos! I did not know Canadian lawyers had to wear those robes. Very distinguished look. And it's hard not to trust a lawyer with those gorgeous dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell Gordon I want to steal those pants! Love 'em! What size is he? haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jams, it would be hilarious to make a calendar out of him. I could do that!

    Isobelle, I really like his outfit. I only respect him when he's wearing it, hahahahaha!

    Frannie, I think so myself. Gordon, rural lawyer.

    Marylee, we have lots of "My Cousin Vinny" lawyers up here, not to worry!

    AHab, I agree.

    Adronymous, apparently not. HAHAHAHA!

    Sightings, it's a lovely time of year.

    David, the pants are a 34. Gordon is not, and has ordered new ones (these date from 1995, although they are in good shape. ) He says that pants are yours if you want them!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous3:22 pm

    Nice portrait of a man outstanding in his field!

    (That's where you found him, out standing in his field.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hee hee hee! That I did!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!