Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Duck Limerick Contest judging this Saturday! FINALLY!!


So, er, remember the Duck Limerick Contest I ran back in December? Yes, six months ago. Anyhoo, we are finally doing the judging on Saturday, along with a barbecue. It took some time to assemble my esteemed panel of judges.

No duck will be served, but there should be an amusing video (remember the Hen Haiku contest shenanigans?) and a delicious duck-themed (NOT duck-flavoured) cake by Ronna the Cake Queen. I will announce the winners next week. Still figuring out the prizes. Stay tuned, people!

10 comments:

  1. Once you said Nantucket my mind was incapable of anything containing decency. I blame genetics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice idea. It will be fun to hear the winners limerick.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will definitely be having some runners-up, too!

      Delete
  3. We await the limericks' judges'
    Winks and their nods and their nudges.
    I have both my eyes
    on the anatine prize
    and hope the rest hold no grudges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I remember it well. At the time I couldn't get limericks out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In a desperate attempt to bribe the judges, I offer you (and anyone else in the world, but they're only incidental to you) a free Kindle edition of my play:

    http://www.amazon.com/Mood-Swings-Emotionally-Unstable-ebook/dp/B007W5K0PG/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1339768428&sr=1-1

    Hurry. After Sunday the price goes back up to an exorbitant $5. (Free Kindle for PC available on Amazon.com if you don't have a nonvirtual Kindle.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thanked you for this wonderful offer! THANK YOU!!!

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!