Friday, August 24, 2012

Bug-a-delic!

Okay, so I've been spending my summer working on my memoir and trying to write every day. I have a bazillion books inside me, swore when I was a tiny child that I'd be a writer, and I have to get it out of me. It's now or never! 

But I have this distracting new passion called my MACRO LENS...


I spent an hour outside this evening, mostly in my sunflower garden, and took 598 photos.



I need a better bug guide so that I can figure out what this little green critter is!



I think that's an alfalfa leafcutter bee joining the party. CORRECTION: Nope, I don't  think so.  Longhorn bee? Sunflower leafcutter bee? Anyone? Anyone??
She is absolutely coated in pollen. Wonderful!




I was fascinated by this little critter, who was eating pollen and/or nectar from the sunflower.


Incoming!



Outgoing!




I adore sunflowers. I planted at least 100 this year, and six or seven different varieties. The number of creatures living on, dining on, or having sex on sunflowers is incredible.

No nooky pics tonight, though! Just hungry bugs...


Gorgeous leafcutter bee (I think) bathed in the yellow stuff. CORRECTION: Nope, I think it's a Longhorn bee. Anyone? Anyone?? Anyone???

More coming, and I took some cat pics too. Stay tuned!


9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 pm

    Aha! The Macro Lens is your secret. Incredible photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Under a microscope, these flowers and insects are truly amazing. How much we miss with the naked eye. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a whole other world there. I love your new camera and you behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay there's a site that if you send a picture they will identify the insect. However, I don't know the name . So search the net a bit and see if You can find it. Keep on working with your macro lens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:33 am

    I am enjoying your obsession with the macro lens. Stunning photos once again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't get enough of your bug shots, I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I see is art quilts in all these photos. You are a terrific photographer. In the previous post the shots of your cats and the butterflies on the thistles are just as wonderful! Bravo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No idea, but the pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!