Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Babies of all sorts!

We have given up on trying to contain Mama Muff, aka Emma, and her brood. Those chicks are the Flying Wallendas of the poultry world!

They have taken to sleeping in a nest box at night, the whole family...


Growing like weeds, aren''t they?


They run around outside in the fenced yard with the ducks and chickens, who are all being good with the chicks. Once in a while they'll get a peck from a hen, but nothing serious. And can they run! And fly! They are all wild and crazy like their Mama.

Meanwhile back in duckland...


Eugenia and her daughter Maria Andretti are still sharing a nest. I need to deal with that before eggs hatch.


This weekend was a long one here, as we celebrated Canada Day on July 1st (yesterday was a statutory  holiday.) On Sunday we drove south of Montreal to visit our godson Ben and his Maman and Papa!


here is Marie-Emmanuelle with the world's happiest baby!



They have a new cat named Minou. He came from the SPCA and is just wonderful. Loves the dogs, the baby, people... what a great kitty. They adopted a black cat because there are so many at the shelter.  People (stupidly) don't want to adopt black kitties!

Ben was trying out a strawberry, as you can see.


Here's Papa Patrick and proud godfather Gordon. Gordon is more than a little smitten with Ben.



As am I!



He is almost six months old. You can tell he is very loved and he knows it. Such a content little guy!



This little guy is content too!



We love this little guy. :)

Stay tuned for more ducklings...

22 comments:

  1. Your post brings such joy. The babies and Ben are so cute. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how those chicks cozy up under Mama's wings!
    It shows in your and Gordon's face how much you both love little Ben!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since we never had kids of our own, it's nice to have this little guy to love up! :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos - but my favourite has to be Ben, Minou, and the strawberry. The expressions on Minou and Ben's faces are priceless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that one was pretty funny too! :) I wonder what MInou was thinking?

      Delete
  4. I just love your photographs. All of the love and contentment just shine right through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "live simply" quote at the end of your profile is one of my dad's favorites! Great family pix!! Happy Fourth to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! And yes, I really love that quote. My other favourite (my parents were British) is "WHile there is tea, there is hope!" :)

      Delete
  6. Do the chicks stay still long enough for you to get a headcount?
    The only thing wrong with black cats (we have 3)is trying to get a closeup shot of their faces...my camera can't cope with the darkness..I get a photo of two eyes and some black blur!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous. Such a sweet guy in that last photo and the baby is cute, too. You are really going to enjoy him. Love that they adopted a black cat. A foster lady in our town has been bringing kittens down from LAWS and all get adopted but the black ones. *shaking my head* I'll never understand. She has 6 black kittens that need homes. Your little farm is growing by leaps and feathers. Love all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gordon looooves his godson! Yep, they went into the SPCA in Montreal and said they didn't care what age the cat was, just wanted a black one that would be good with dogs, other cats, and the baby. He's a great kitty! If cats ever stop showing here and I go back to the shelter to adopt one, I'll pick a black one.

      Delete
  8. Every time I read your posts and view all the delightful pictures, I find myself smiling. Thank you for giving me the joy of all the animals and friends in your world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a lovely compliment. I'm glad I can make you smile!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's overwhelming at times! ;)

      Delete
  10. You just make me happy...Bees, ducks, chickens, cats, dogs, turtles....Sweet Ben, and all of you, big humans! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of assistance, Claude! :)

      Delete
  11. And more duckling babies on the way! aaack!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a whole lot of gorgeous babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. QUite the collection, isn't it? :)

      Delete

Thank you for all your comments, which I love to read!